- Be on time for every class, with all necessary materials ready (notebook, pencil, and scientific calculator).
- Speak only French in class.
- Be polite and respectful to each other, to me, and especially to guests.
- Take notes, and keep your binder organized and up-to-date.
- Hand in assignments on time. Late assignments will suffer a -20% grade penalty.
- Produce quality work. (Explain your work, write legibly, include organized calculations, include units).
- Study for tests. Students who have unexcused absences on test days will suffer a -20% grade penalty on that test.
We will be using the textbook Liens Mathématiques 8, published by Chenelière
Module 1: Nombre et Probabilité
- §1: La représentation des données
- §2: Les rapports, les taux, et le raisonnement proportionnel
- §4: Les pourcentages
- §8: Les nombres entiers
- §6: Les opérations sur les fractions
- §11: La probabilité
Module 2: Algèbre et Forme
- §3: Le théorème de Pythagore
- §5: L’aire de la surface
- §7: Le volume
- §9: Les relations linéaires
- Problem-solving using a diagram.
- Mathematical modelling.
- Measurement and quantitative reasoning.
Assessment & Evaluation
All marks (including homework records) will be made available 24/7 to students and parents at engrade.com. You can see the schedule of due dates on the calendar at misterwilkinson.com/maths9. You can add this calendar to your electronic device by copying and pasting the following iCal link: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/sf8ct11g7mkuk87tsdp480tcps%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics (This syllabus document is available on the course website; it is easier to click on the link there than to try to copy it out).
- Academic Responsibility: 20%
- timely homework completion, attendance, and organization
- Quizzes: 10%
- Unit Tests: 30%
- Midterm & Final Exam: 30%
- Projects: 10%
- bonus marks available for participation in Warrior Mathletics
Our school hosts a proud and successful mathletics club. Students can get involved by completing challenging Problems of the Week (there are prizes!) and competing in national math contests (there are bigger prizes!). My students receive bonus points for participating. See misterwilkinson.com/mathletics for more information