- Be on time for every class, with all necessary materials ready.
- Be polite and respectful to each other, to me, and especially to guests.
- Take notes, and keep your binder organized and up-to-date.
- Hand in lab reports on time. Late projects will suffer a -20% grade penalty.
- Produce quality work. (Explain your work, write legibly, include organized calculations, include units).
- Study for tests. Students who have unexcused absences on test days will suffer a -20% grade penalty on that test.
- 0. Introduction & Diagnostics (2 lessons) (12/17/2014)
- 1. Atoms (12 lessons) (11/28/2014)
- 2. Bonding (15 lessons) (11/30/2014)
- 3. Energy (13 lessons) (12/5/2014)
- 4. Chemical Reactions (22 lessons) (12/17/2014)
- 5. Solutions (15 lessons) (12/17/2014)
- 6. Organic Chemistry (10 lessons) (12/18/2014)
- 7. Quantum Theory (4 lessons) (12/18/2014)
- Review (4 lessons) (12/18/2014)
- Qualitative analysis of experimental data.
- Algebraic problem solving.
- Producing explanations and counterexamples.
- Using a theoretical model to predict experimental results.
Assessment & Evaluation
All marks (including homework records) will be made available 24/7 to students and parents at engrade.com. You can see the schedule of due dates on the calendar at misterwilkinson.com/fns12. You can add this calendar to your device by copying and pasting the following iCal link: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/e7a1b59ei5jhh9losi47566tf0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- Midterm & Final Exam: 30%
- Laboratory Experiments: 30%
- Unit Tests: 20%
- Quizzes: 10%
- Academic Responsibility: 10%