- The Bohr model is only an approximation of real electron behaviour. Actually, electrons do not “orbit” the nucleus but exist in probability clouds at different energy levels.
- Unpaired electrons in atomic orbitals produce ferromagnetic behaviour.
- Determine the electron configuration of an atom in its ground state.
- Relate ground-state electron configurations to the periodic table.
- Relate Bohr model “energy levels” to quanum-mechanical model “orbitals.”
Projects & Labs
- Quiz 7a: Quantum Theory